Sunday, November 22, 2009

Introduction and a Little History

Introduction

Since this is my first post on my new blog, something I have never used before, please bear with me as I go through the steep learning curve! Thanks!!!

A Little History

For a little history, I grew up in Portland, Oregon and attended Benson High for my Freshman year (1954), and then transferred to a school closer to home, Cleveland High. I barely eked out passing marks and graduated by the skin of my teeth, back in '58.

Since jobs were scarce then, I joined the USAF. In the Air Force, I attended Ground Power school and then taught basic electricity in this program for about 1-1/2 years. Then I spent 18 months on Okinawa, and was eventually discharged from a base in Florida. During this time, I met and married my wife and we were blessed with two lovely daughters.

To make a long story short, I worked and attended part time college after my discharge, and eventually earned my BS (1971) and MS degrees (1973) in Electronics and Computer Engineering Technology from Arizona State University, after a lot of hard, but highly interesting, coursework.

Upon graduation, the department chair liked my work and asked me to stay and teach, which I did, for thirteen years! After our daughters left home, I got an opportunity to earn my Ph.D. at Texas A&M University, which I did, in 1983. Besides taking classes there, I got to teach some too. What a great time we had there. We found Texans to be wonderful people!

Then it was back to ASU again, where I taught for three more years. Then I decided to change schools and I accepted a tenured position in Electronics and Computer ET at Cal Poly Pomona. I stayed there until I retired in 2004 from full time teaching, and part time teaching in 2009.

Upon full retirement, we decided to follow one of our daughters and move to Tucson, Arizona which we did in October 2009.

Current Interests

Today, I have become interested in politics, science & religion, especially the politics of why 9/11/2001 occurred, and more recently, why the massacre of thirteen innocent people at Ft. Hood, Texas occurred. As time marches on, I anticipate that much effort will be spent in blogging about these topics, especially the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment